By using paydesk you agree that you are bound by our terms and conditions.
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Site is not tailored to comply with industry-specific regulations (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), etc.), so if your interactions would be subjected to such laws, you may not use this Site. You may not use the Site in a way that would violate the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Site.
- HOW WE OPERATE
Paydesk is a commercial agent that helps ”Clients” find appropriate journalists and/or other media professionals, in order to commission media/journalism-related tasks (each a “Service”, together “Services”)
- Membership: To facilitate the search for journalists and/or other media professionals, we maintain a searchable database of journalists and other media professionals (“Members”). In order to become a Member, you can register online, but will have to pass a vetting process and be assessed by our team. Membership is free.
- How we make money: Paydesk is a commercial agent acting on behalf of our Clients. When a Client wishes to book a Member to provide a Service, the Client sends a booking request to that Member through the Site. The Member then responds to the booking request through the Site. Paydesk is authorized by the Client to accept, and on each such occasion does accept on the Client’s behalf, that Member’s booking for that Service. Each booking is recorded on the Site, binding both the Client and the Member. Each Client has a rate that it is willing to pay for a specific Service. When a Client books a Service from a Member through the Site, and that Member has completed the Service, the Member is paid by Paydesk as agent for the relevant Client at the rate that that Client has set. Paydesk is then reimbursed by the Client. Paydesk also charges the Client a commission over and above that rate. At no time is any such Client an employee, for any purpose, of Paydesk.
- Membership freelance status: Members warrant that they are freelance journalists and are not, while they are Members, employed (as that term is understood in English law or that of any jurisdiction in which any Client is incorporated or operates) by any Client or by Paydesk.
- Payment: Paydesk pays Members once per month, at the beginning of the month, for all Services undertaken and confirmed by the relevant Client or Clients as completed in the previous month. Some exceptions apply for small amounts, or where the member has deliberately requested not to be paid. We also guarantee payment to the Member for all Service booked and confirmed through the Site.
- MESSAGING FUNCTION
Paydesk may offer a messaging facility for clients to communicate with media professionals, and for media professionals to respond. We may also provide a messaging facility to enable media professionals to communicate with other media professionals.
By using Paydesk and the Site as a media professional, you agree that other media professionals and our clients may contact you.
Our messaging function is provided solely to assist the booking of jobs and related communications, between media professionals and our clients, in accordance with our terms of business.
Messages sent and received using the Paydesk messaging function are not private. Paydesk and its contractors may access, read, and make and retain copies of, your message content for purposes of providing Paydesk’s services and administering our business, including but not limited to ensuring compliance with these terms and with applicable laws.
Paydesk does not guarantee the continuous availability of the messaging function or its reliability. Media professionals should not use it to deliver work product to Paydesk clients.
You must not use the Paydesk messaging function for any of the following:
You must not publish the content of messages communicated to you via the Paydesk messaging function or disclose them to any third party without the sender’s permission.
- Messages unrelated to jobs booked or to be booked with Paydesk clients using the Site;
- Personal, private messages;
- Communicating valuable confidential information;
- Information relating to yourself or any other individual classed as ‘special category data’ under the General Data Protection Regulation, namely details about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about health, and genetic and biometric data, or any information about criminal convictions and offences;
- Any personal information about, or comments about, a third party individual;
- Promoting or advertising goods, services or brands (yours, or those of any other person or business), except as necessary for media professionals to arrange their bookings with Paydesk clients in accordance with Paydesk’s terms of business;
- Legal claims or service of legal notices;
- Any content that in Paydesk’s opinion is offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or unlawful, or links to such content;
- Conduct that in Paydesk’s opinion amounts to harassment;
- Content in which you do not own the intellectual property, or links to such content;
- Software code, executable files or any links to such material.
Paydesk may block or remove message content in whole or in part at any time at our discretion if we consider it to breach these terms, or for any other reason. You should keep a separate record of any information communicated on the Paydesk messaging function that you may need to retain.
Breach of any of these terms may result in our terminating our services to you or blocking you from use of our messaging function.
We may charge clients fees for the use of the Paydesk messaging function. Fees payable will be notified prior to use.
- USER REPRESENTATIONS
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
You may not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you violate any laws when using the site. Any breach of this requirement may result in immediate termination of your account and a lifetime ban from use of the Site.
We are a service provider and make no representations as to the adequacy, accuracy or legality of any of the information contained on the Site displayed or offered through the Site. You understand and agree that Paydesk, whether through the Site or otherwise, makes no representations to be reasonably relied upon, and you agree to hold us harmless from any errors, omissions, or misrepresentations connected with the Site, Paydesk’s description of it or your use of it. We do not endorse or recommend any Marketplace Offerings and the Site is provided solely for the purposes set out elsewhere in these Terms.
- USER REGISTRATION
You are required to register with the Site in order to be added to our database of journalists and other media professionals. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This Website may contain links to other websites which are not under the control of Paydesk. Paydesk does not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the availability, operation or content of any website linked to this Website (whether directly or indirectly).
- PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us. In particular, but without limitation, you may not:
- Systematically retrieve data or other material of any kind from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Marketplace Offerings.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
As a commercial agent acting on each occasion on behalf of a Client Paydesk will, by providing the Site, facilitate relations between Clients and Members. Paydesk accepts no liability in relation to the accuracy or suitability of any Content or information of any kind, which is provided by Paydesk to Client on an "as is" basis. Paydesk hereby excludes, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied warranties and conditions, whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise including, without limitation, the implied warranties of fitness for purpose and satisfactory quality.
Due to the nature of the world wide web, Paydesk makes no warranty that the availability of the Site will be uninterrupted and Paydesk accepts no liability for any inability to access, upload to, or download from the Website.
Paydesk shall not be liable for any loss to any person of profits, business, opportunity, goodwill, data or any other consequential, indirect or special loss whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise. Paydesk's liability to any user whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise shall be limited to £200.00 provided that nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to exclude or limit Paydesk#s liability for death or personal injury arising directly from its negligence.
These Terms and Conditions contain the entire agreement between paydesk and you in relation to your use of the Site.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in relation to the Site.
- Data Protection
Last update: 1st November 2022
Our Searchable Directory of Media Professionals